Monday, January 3, 2011

4.0 Lingayen Gulf

The Lingayen Gulf is an extension of the South China Sea on Luzon in the Philippines stretching 56 kilometres (35 mi). It is framed by the provinces of Pangasinan and La Union and sits between the Zambales Mountains and the Cordillera Central. (source: Wikipedia).

Date: December 31,2010 
Time: 5:00AM

As early as 4am I am already awake and ready to go to the beach of Lingayen Gulf but the cold breeze of air prevented me from getting up!. :-) After a few minutes I decided to get up and made some stretching. The way to the beach is too dark, I used flashlight to see my way. After a 10minute walk I found myself on the beach. Still too dark but the sun is starting to show up. To my dismay I remember that I forgot my tripod! How can I shoot landscape without a tripod? I improvised by using a steady piece of coconut wood but failed miserably. Then I decided to shoot handheld. First it was not that easy because the sky is still too dark. (take note I don't have any filters due to my ordered ND and GND filters did not arrive on time). After a few adjustment on my camera I found my settings and started to fire my camera.




 Below shots are edited using pseudo-HDR.


This is my improvised tripod ended up to be my subject!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment