Saturday, December 18, 2010

1.0 My Nikon D40

My baby-Nikon D40.
There is the old saying that a good painter doesn't need a good brush to create a masterpiece. I strongly believe that this is also true in photography. My belief is that a good light and a great mind create a good photographs.

The camera is a mere tool in creating an image but the real developer is the one behind it.
My Nikon D40 is not my choice because of its features over other brand of cameras. My camera is Nikon D40 because it is cheap. My idea is that any SLR can produce a good quality photographs as long as you know the ins and out of the camera.
I started with my kitlens 18-55 for two years then shift to 18-135 for a more versatility and lately (about a month ago) I purchased the 35mm f1.8 for photographing my family.

"The more you know the more you don't know". I don't know who said that but that is also true in camera. The camera manual is the most important tool in learning the basics of your camera. It tells you everything about the camera. So I recommend to read the manuals 10x or as much as possible to maximize the potential of your tool. The more you read, the more you understand the different features and capabilities of the camera. The more you know the features, the more you shoot, the more you shoot you become good!

I love my Nikon D40. Again, its not in the camera, its who is behind the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment